What is Fibrex Material?

September 30, 2015

Fibrex Material: The Beginning

Fibrex material is an Andersen innovation, engineered in the 1960s and 1970s, and perfected and patented in 1992. Today, Fibrex material is the perfect choice for your replacement windows for its strength, stability, insulating, and low-maintenance qualities. This composite blends the best traits of wood and vinyl to create a superior frame material that lacks the drawbacks of either material individually.

At Renewal by Andersen of Northeastern Wisconsin, we realize this sounds a little too good to be true, but it is. Fibrex material is the product of years of experimenting, testing, and improving by the company that has been revolutionizing the window industry since 1903. Over the years, Andersen has proudly introduced new technologies and methods to make windows and doors last longer, look better, and function as intended for many years.

What is Fibrex Material?

To break it down in simplest terms: 40% of the raw material by weight used to make Fibrex material is clean, reclaimed wood fiber. The other 60% is a specially formulated thermoplastic polymer. Renewal by Andersen replacement windows are offered in a variety of colors which are applied using techniques involving high heat and special polymers. The colors are applied to the frames and then extruded, or pushed out, into the correct shapes and sizes to make our windows.

Environmental Impact

In addition to being beautiful and highly energy efficient, Renewal by Andersen windows have achieved the highest SCS certified recycled content of any window replacement company. Rather than discard of the odds and end pieces from Andersen Corporation’s wood window manufacturing facilities, much of the wood fiber used to make our Fibrex material is reclaimed from these operations. To date, this innovation has helped prevent the harvesting of approximately 90 million board feet of timber. In addition to our sustainable-focused Fibrex material frames, our High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass is made from a minimum of 12% reclaimed glass by weight. Renewal by Andersen is proud to carry on Andersen Corporation’s tradition of leadership in environmental stewardship through products that have a minimal impact on the environment, reduce energy consumption, and last for years to come.

 

  • Share this Post:
Call 920.759.1234
for a free consultation or complete the form below
  • Please repeat the code below:
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Select by Date

Call 920.759.1234
for a free consultation or complete the form below
  • Please repeat the code below:
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Select by Date

Showroom Hours

Mon – Thu: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm

Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Saturday: 9:00 am – 11:00 am

Sunday: Closed

 

Packerland Home Improvement Incorporated BBB Business Review

Contact Information

Phone: (920) 759-1234

Address: 2204 Tower Drive,

Kaukauna, WI 54130

 

 

Social Media

© Renewal by Andersen of Northeast WI. All rights reserved.

2018