Your complete satisfaction with your replacement windows and doors is important to us. We strive to answer all your questions before, during, and after your installation. We’ve included some helpful information below on frequently asked questions about your new windows. If you have any questions, please call our office at 920-759-1234 and we’d be more than happy to get the answers for you!
Window Care and Maintenance
Schedule your in-home consultation
We offer free in-home consultations. With 60-90 minutes of your time and all homeowners or decision-makers present, we are able to help you determine the best solutions for your window replacement as well as provide you with an exact price quote, guaranteed for the rest of the calendar year. Once you have decided to purchase and sign the contract…
Your project will be re-measured and custom build for your needs.
Our windows and doors are specifically made for your home which requires precision measurements. We will send a Lead Installer to your home for a technical measure to ensure the proper fit of your new windows before we order them. Once the order is placed, your windows are manufactured at the Renewal by Andersen factory located in Bayport, Minnesota.
After your windows arrive at our location, we will schedule your installation.
Amy, our Office Manager, will call you to schedule your installation after your windows have arrived. By waiting until we have your windows and doors in our warehouse to schedule your installation, we will avoid confusion and frustration associated with tentatively-set dates.
Our factory-trained crew will install your new windows.
Our window caulk is rated to work for installations down to -40°F, although our installers are not. Generally we will reschedule an installation when the weather will not rise above 10°F and ask for understanding from our homeowners about rescheduling due to inclement weather.
We follow up to ensure your satisfaction.
We strive for excellence in every project we complete. After your project has been installed, your Project Consultant will call you to follow up and make sure you are completely satisfied with your new windows and doors.
There is the possibility that our installers will be pounding on the house walls during the installation process, therefore:
PLEASE REMOVE ALL BREAKABLES FROM WORK AREA BEFORE PROJECT BEGINS.
If there is something that can’t be removed or anything that you have special concerns about, please inform our installers before they begin their work.
Renewal by Andersen / Packerland Home Improvement will not be held responsible for breakage or damage to items that should have been removed from work area before the project began. We ask that you work with us regarding this matter in order to eliminate the possibility of any valuable or sentimental items being broken or damaged.
When your product arrives at our warehouse and has been inspected, Amy from our scheduling department will call you to set up the installation date. Please understand that this date may be subject to change with little or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances. This includes having to reschedule an installation date due to inclement weather conditions.
Although we try very hard to accommodate each of our customers’ schedules for the installation date and time, we understand that many of you work during normal business hours. Should this be the case, we ask that you arrange to be home early in the morning (8:00am) when our crew arrives, or have a neighbor or relative open up for them. The crew will be sure to lock up on completion of your job.
Balance Due Policy: Unless special arrangements have been made prior to installation, the balance due is to be paid in full at the time of job completion. Please feel comfortable paying our installers. Methods of payment: Cash, Check, Credit Card or Financing to Approved Credit
While Fibrex material is virtually maintenance free, there is certain basic upkeep that should be performed regularly to extend the life of your new windows and doors.
For complete care and maintenance instructions, please click here download our Window Care and Maintenance Guide
- Abrasive cleaners will damage glass surface
- Acid solutions used for cleaning masonry or concrete will damage glass, fasteners, hardware and metal flashing. If acid contacts unit, wash all surfaces with water immediately.
- To minimize glass cleaner residue from depositing on the glass, do not clean in direct sunlight.
- Do not use newspaper to dry the glass surface as the ink may discolor the surrounding Fibrex® material.
Frame and Sash Components:
- Clean out dirt and debris from sills and tracks to keep windows and doors opening and closing easily
- Clean the frame, sash, and grilles by using a mild solution of soap and water and a soft rag or brush.
- For casement or awning windows and all patio doors: Lubricate all moving parts (locks, hinges, operators, and rollers) with a dry lubricant to maintain ease of operation. DO NOT use wet lubricants or harsh abrasive cleaners that will collect dirt or other corrosive particles.
- On gliding window frame or double-hung side covers: use a dry lubricant if needed to make operation easier.
- First wipe away loose dirt and grime with a soft, dry cloth. Then apply a cleaning solution such as mild soapy water, vinegar-and-water, or a liquid window cleaner to the glass and wipe in a circular motion. Remove cleaning solution with a squeegee or clean, lint-free cloth. Rinse with clear water if soap has been used.
- Both conventional and TruScene® insect screens are best cleaned with a soft cloth.
- Wash using a mild detergent and water solution with a soft cloth. Avoid abrasive cleaners, cloths, or brushes.
At Renewal by Andersen of Northeastern Wisconsin, we stand behind the products we install. If you should need service work done on the windows or doors we have installed for you, please don’t hesitate to call!
To make your phone call easier, we ask that you write down the information contained on your window product label. This label includes identifying information such as an individual product code and will allow our Service Coordinator to identify the exact window or door you are having issues with. The label is included on every Renewal by Andersen product and is located on the top or side of the window frame. You will have to open the window to see this label. See below for example.
The location of the product label can be found in the illustration below (Arrow 1). Windows can also be identified using the information included in the glass etching found in every Andersen product. These etchings will be located in the bottom corner of the glass (Arrow 2).
If you have any further questions, please call our office at 920-759-1234