Gliding windows mimic the open look of casement windows while offering the same outdoor space saving of double hung windows. This style allows tons of light into your home with its signature narrow profile, while removable sashes allow for easy cleaning of the exterior from right inside your home! This style is comparable to the casement and awning window styles in terms of energy efficiency and allows for the option of operating one or both sashes.
Like the double hung window, you are able to customize the sash size in the gliding window. Available options are:
- Great solution when a projecting window would interfere with walkways, patios, or landscaping
- Large sizes allow for less obstructed view while still allowing ventilation
- Asymmetrical designs where unequal sash sizes add a stylistic flair
- Gliding window sashes could be difficult to clean for those with limited mobility
- Large sizes aren’t ideal for higher reach locations because of dual lock design
To see how this style would look in your home, please visit the Renewal by Andersen Window and Door Visualizer at http://www.renewalbyandersen.com/get-inspired/visualizer.aspx