If you’re looking for a classic window style, look no farther than the double hung. Consisting of an upper and lower sash, the original double hung windows used ropes and lead weights to counterbalance the weight of the open, lower sash. Our Renewal by Andersen double hung windows feature two moving sashes so you can choose which part to open for ventilation as well as allow for easy cleaning. The balancer mechanisms are located in the sides of the window frame and the wash-assist tabs are discreetly tuck out of view so you get less obstructed view.
Our custom designed replacement double hung windows are available as in Traditional Style (equal sash), Cottage Style (larger lower sash), and Oriel Style (larger upper sash).
You can also customize the look of your checkrail (where the window sashes meet).
- Historically accurate architecture
- Flexibility in operation: can open top, bottom, or both
- Situations where exterior screens are best (i.e. pets) or outside space is limited
- Privacy glass can be placed in one or both sashes to obscure the view
- Not ideal for locations that require a reach (up high or across counters/cabinets)
To see how this style would look in your home, please visit the Renewal by Andersen Window and Door Visualizer at: http://www.renewalbyandersen.com/get-inspired/visualizer.aspx